Alaskan Bushmaster at Birchwood. ?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Pilot-34

Most of me is in IL but my hearts in Alaska
While wandering around another Alaskan airport enjoying the strange and unusual and historical.
I came across an Alaskan bushmaster now I thought what with some of the things I read here that was a certified airplane with an ancestry of the short wing paper but factory built to be longer and wider.
But this one is sitting there with the word experimental on her.
On the other hand it has a N number and is labeled serial number three.
Number 3 !
Anybody here familiar with that specific airplane? Is it a certified aircraft or an experimental?
Is that particular airplane something kind of famous to do maybe both ,be experimental and certified ?
The reason I ask that is when I do a Google search for bushmaster images that very plane shows up first ?
I have to tell you there are some really interesting planes at Birchwood!

BBerson

Light Plane Philosopher
Supporting Member
The Bushmaster was Rick Schneider's design. Experimental.
Used a Tripacer frame and stretched it. Article in Sport Aviation archive. I had a shop at Birchwood. About 300 airplanes tied outside to look at!

Pilot-34

Most of me is in IL but my hearts in Alaska
The Bushmaster was Rick Schneider's design. Experimental.
Used a Tripacer frame and stretched it. Article in Sport Aviation archive. I had a shop at Birchwood. About 300 airplanes tied outside to look at!
Was it certified at some point ?
A shop at birchwood seems like a fine thing. Pretty place and lots of interesting things going on around it .