Airplane plans inventory

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

ktfiles

Find a guy named Ralph Wise in Mojave, CA, KMHV. Ralph built and raced an Owl "Wise Owl" and may have a set of plans to copy. I don't remember if it was an OR-65 or an OR-71 that he built.

Also, there's a guy in Santa Paula, CA named Pat Quinn, anyone at the KSZP airport will know how to find him. He has (or had) the OR-65 named "Pogo", and he may have gotten the plans with it.
Thanks Victor Bravo. Creighton King used to have Owl Racer plans listed for sale on his Cassutt web site. I inquired about getting a comprehensive list of Owl Racer drawings so I would know what I'm missing, but never received a reply. My set is very faded. I have a large format scanner and have scanned them all, but haven't taken the time to enhance and edit them so they are more legible. I currently have many more projects than free time.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Unless Lynn Williams (Flitzer) brings his own Sperry Messenger dreams to life, I think a cosmetic disguise of an existing biplane is your best bet. The early Fisher Flying Products two-stroke biplanes (FP-404, Classic) had prominent V-struts in lieu of flying/landing wires, not quite the right struts for a Messenger, but the vibe is there. Maybe a Classic done up as a single-seat Messenger standoff replica with more appropriate landing gear, a little radia, and tweaked wingtips and tail shape...?

1614450327909.png

The NASM has Sperry Messenger drawings on microfilm and paper. I have the microfilm, but there are only a few drawings and many are duplicates shot at different exposures. Some are of very poor quality and illegible. I was pretty disappointed when I received the high resolution scans made from the microfilm. There are many more drawings available as paper copies. From the list NASM gave me, one needs to buy both microfilm and paper to get all the drawings in their collection.

n45bm

Aerotech Light Plane
EAA Biplane P1
EAA Biplane P2
EAA Acro Sport
Acro Sport I
Acro Sport II
Grega GN-1 Aircamper
Albatros D.II (Teachman)
Beachner V8 Special
Keleher JK-1 Lark
Cassutt IIM
Cassutt IIIM
Cassutt IIIM (NAMCO)
Lasher Renegade
NAMCO V
Acey Ducey
California Light Plane
Sonex
Zenith CH-701
Bristol Scout D (Teachman)
Windrose
Owl Racer OR65-2
Zlin XII
Fokker D.III (MAG 04.4)
Fokker D.IV (MAG 04.5)
Heuberger Doodle Bug
Heath Super Parasol
Heath LN Parasol
Luton Minor
Marquart Charger
Bushby Midget Mustang
Bushby Mustang II
Woodstock
Mignet HM 290
Druine Turbulent (Australian plans)
Druine Turbulent (French plans)
Fokker Dr.I (Fokker)
Fokker Dr.I (Redfern)
Fokker Dr.I (Sands)
Fokker Dr.I (Engels)
Mong Sport
Lovings WR-1 Love
Pietenpol Aircamper
Pietenpol Improved Aircamper
Pietenpol Sky Scout
Pietenpol Model A Sky Scout
Mini Imp
Teenie Two
Skyhopper I
Skyhopper II
Comper Swift
Hütter H17
Pfeifer Sport
Smith Miniplane
Smith Termite
Laser Z-2300
RAF SE5a
Replica Plans SE5a
Chilton D.W.1
Fokker E.V/D.VIII
Pitts S-1C (Steen)
Pitts S-1S
Wittman W-8 Tailwind
Wittman W-10 Tailwind
Wittman W-10 Tailwind (Aircraft Spruce)
Stolp Starduster Too
MiniMax 1550V
MiniMax 1600R Sport
MiniMax 1700R
Hugo Craft
Windwagon
Fokker D.VII
PIK-21 Super Sytky
PIK-26 Mini Sytky
Wag Aero Chuby Cuby 2 plus 2
Cherokee II
Comper Swift
Gee Bee R-1 (Granville Brothers Aircraft Inc)
Spezio Tuholer
Gere Sport
Wag-Aero Sport Trainer
Pitts Model 12
Cloudster
Guardian Light Plane
Wittman V-Witt
RagWing Stork
Knight Twister - Vest Pocket Pursuit
Knight Twister - KT-50
Knight Twister - KT-85
Knight Twister - Acro
Knight Twister - Junior
Sunday Knight Twister
Knight Twister - Straight Wing Trainer
Knight Twister - Imperial
Knight Twister - Holiday
Knight Twister - Coed
PA-18 Super Cub
Roland D.VI
Travel Air Type R Mystery Ship
Nesmith Cougar
SPAD XIII
Bounsall Prospector
Bounsall Super Prospector
Sonerai I
Sonerai II
Powell PH Racer
Sopwith Camel
J6 Karatoo
Hipps J-3 Kitten
Steward Headwind
Yarger Varmint
Lincoln Sport Biplane
Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter
Sopwith Triplane
Pober Pixie
Baby Ace Model D
Junior Ace Model E
Sopwith Pup
Cygnet SF-2A
Sperry Messenger

Plus various digital plans found online.
I had a friend that was building a Loving's Love racer. He had the airframe pretty much done, decided he wasn't going to finish it and chopped it up. That really depressed me. I had plans for Roger Druine's Turbulent years ago but (foolishly) sold them. I also had plans for the J6 Karatoo and those were sold and Wittman's Tailwind plans but I gave them to a friend. I'm curious about what differences there are between the French and the Australian Turbulent plans. Anybody know? I do like your Sperry Messenger and especially the Lincoln Sport Biplane. I could see myself flying one, it's a beautiful little plane. I also do likethe Pober Pixie, it reminds me of my old "C" model Baby Ace I had.
Are any of your plan sets available for sale? N45bm at yahoo dot com.

ktfiles

I had a friend that was building a Loving's Love racer. He had the airframe pretty much done, decided he wasn't going to finish it and chopped it up. That really depressed me. I had plans for Roger Druine's Turbulent years ago but (foolishly) sold them. I also had plans for the J6 Karatoo and those were sold and Wittman's Tailwind plans but I gave them to a friend. I'm curious about what differences there are between the French and the Australian Turbulent plans. Anybody know? I do like your Sperry Messenger and especially the Lincoln Sport Biplane. I could see myself flying one, it's a beautiful little plane. I also do likethe Pober Pixie, it reminds me of my old "C" model Baby Ace I had.
Are any of your plan sets available for sale? N45bm at yahoo dot com.
Normally I only sell a set when I find the same set in better condition or more complete. Thus selling the duplicate. Or when I buy a group of plans to get a set I don't have and end up with extra sets. I don't remember what the major difference was between the different versions of the Druine Turbulent plans. I think they are basically the same with maybe the wing structure a little different to meet Australian requirements? They are rolled up in storage and not easy to get to at the moment.

flitzerpilot

Sadly the 85% Sperry Messenger project is on hold since the demise of the Verner 3V. But if an alternative 3-cylinder radial appears, it could be revived. Much of the empennage is done and fuel tank, wheels, and other sundries are in the shop. However some of those bits could still be used in a Stormcock or Goblin as I tend to make as much as possible conform with existing detail design elements among the Flitzer series.

n45bm

Normally I only sell a set when I find the same set in better condition or more complete. Thus selling the duplicate. Or when I buy a group of plans to get a set I don't have and end up with extra sets. I don't remember what the major difference was between the different versions of the Druine Turbulent plans. I think they are basically the same with maybe the wing structure a little different to meet Australian requirements? They are rolled up in storage and not easy to get to at the moment.
OK thanks.

Brünner

HBA Supporter
Aerotech Light Plane
EAA Biplane P1
EAA Biplane P2
EAA Acro Sport
Acro Sport I
Acro Sport II
Grega GN-1 Aircamper
Albatros D.II (Teachman)
Beachner V8 Special
Keleher JK-1 Lark
Cassutt IIM
Cassutt IIIM
Cassutt IIIM (NAMCO)
Lasher Renegade
NAMCO V
Acey Ducey
California Light Plane
Sonex
Zenith CH-701
Bristol Scout D (Teachman)
Windrose
Owl Racer OR65-2
Zlin XII
Fokker D.III (MAG 04.4)
Fokker D.IV (MAG 04.5)
Heuberger Doodle Bug
Heath Super Parasol
Heath LN Parasol
Luton Minor
Marquart Charger
Bushby Midget Mustang
Bushby Mustang II
Woodstock
Mignet HM 290
Druine Turbulent (Australian plans)
Druine Turbulent (French plans)
Fokker Dr.I (Fokker)
Fokker Dr.I (Redfern)
Fokker Dr.I (Sands)
Fokker Dr.I (Engels)
Mong Sport
Lovings WR-1 Love
Pietenpol Aircamper
Pietenpol Improved Aircamper
Pietenpol Sky Scout
Pietenpol Model A Sky Scout
Mini Imp
Teenie Two
Skyhopper I
Skyhopper II
Comper Swift
Hütter H17
Pfeifer Sport
Smith Miniplane
Smith Termite
Laser Z-2300
RAF SE5a
Replica Plans SE5a
Chilton D.W.1
Fokker E.V/D.VIII
Pitts S-1C (Steen)
Pitts S-1S
Wittman W-8 Tailwind
Wittman W-10 Tailwind
Wittman W-10 Tailwind (Aircraft Spruce)
Stolp Starduster Too
MiniMax 1550V
MiniMax 1600R Sport
MiniMax 1700R
Hugo Craft
Windwagon
Fokker D.VII
PIK-21 Super Sytky
PIK-26 Mini Sytky
Wag Aero Chuby Cuby 2 plus 2
Cherokee II
Comper Swift
Gee Bee R-1 (Granville Brothers Aircraft Inc)
Spezio Tuholer
Gere Sport
Wag-Aero Sport Trainer
Pitts Model 12
Cloudster
Guardian Light Plane
Wittman V-Witt
RagWing Stork
Knight Twister - Vest Pocket Pursuit
Knight Twister - KT-50
Knight Twister - KT-85
Knight Twister - Acro
Knight Twister - Junior
Sunday Knight Twister
Knight Twister - Straight Wing Trainer
Knight Twister - Imperial
Knight Twister - Holiday
Knight Twister - Coed
PA-18 Super Cub
Roland D.VI
Travel Air Type R Mystery Ship
Nesmith Cougar
SPAD XIII
Bounsall Prospector
Bounsall Super Prospector
Sonerai I
Sonerai II
Powell PH Racer
Sopwith Camel
J6 Karatoo
Hipps J-3 Kitten
Steward Headwind
Yarger Varmint
Lincoln Sport Biplane
Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter
Sopwith Triplane
Pober Pixie
Baby Ace Model D
Junior Ace Model E
Sopwith Pup
Cygnet SF-2A
Sperry Messenger

Plus various digital plans found online.
Folks, we have a winner!

Bigshu

I want to learn about his tube and gusset construction for other types of airplanes. Either a usable reduced size copy or the original set is fine, so long as they are clear and I can see the details.
I dug up the plans. Not super detailed, lots of hand drawn diagrams and explanatory text. The most useful info on the gussets are the full size templates, and the views of where they go on the frames. Maybe eight pages to cover the subject. Email me at [email protected] and I'll attach the pages to the reply.

Bigshu

I am looking for a H5 that is completed or near completion. If you can think of any completed H5 or project please let me know.
Robbie.
I'm just getting started on my H5. There's a flying one near me, but Dennis isn't selling. I think there are some others in Missouri building H5's after seeing one fly. The UC is popular too.

Twodeaddogs

HBA Supporter
Jodel D9 in English, Affordaplane and Texas Parasol. The Jodel plans effectively assume a lot of fore knowledge and like so many plans of that era, don't really have build instructions. The Affordaplane plans and build manual are quite good but not drawn in the "traditional" engineering style. The Texas Parasol plans are easy enough to follow but are not great. The build manual is messy.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
I believe the Aussie version is slightly different from the original to allow for a higher gross weight. Not a problem, just pointing out that they may not be exactly the same in places as the original French D.9 plans.

Flash Gordon

In the order I got them:

1. KR2
2. Teenie Two
3. Hummelbird (Bill Springs version of plans)
4. Watson Windwagon
5. Sonerai II
6. Lightning Bug
7. White Lightning

Dave
Hi to all. I'm the proud owner of a White Lightning and am looking for a nose gear trunnion. The original part was manufactured by Airight in Wichita, KS with a part number of 68000-1. I would appreciate any leads. My email is [email protected]. Thanks!