• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Airfoil section comments on PS-1 airfoil on ProTech PT2C

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prostar

I own and fly a ProTech PT2C with a 150HP 0-320 on the nose. I am not real happy with the neutral stability, or better yet, lack of it and the lazy aileron responses especially at low speeds. With all the dihedral, thick wing, STOL performance, this airplane should fly like a puppy dog and be responsive at slow speeds where it is designed to fly. I have installed gap seals which helped some. It is rigged correctly and CG is right on the money. I have read a bit of Riblett's comments on the PS-1 airfoil that this airplane was designed around. He wasn't exactly pleased with that selection for this airplane. He did suggest the installation of VG's at a rather unusual location...about 70% back ...as he mentioned that the entire wing suffered from flow separation at about that area...which would explain the lazy ailerons, poor neutral stability, and the pitch up that occurrs when the flaps are put in the reflex position. Any comments or suggestions? Jim

Back