• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Airdrome Airplanes Eindecker weight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

I have an acquaintance who is interested in building one of these, under the new UK ultralight rule (weight less than 115kg (254lb), wing loading under 10kg/m² on empty weight).

The manufacturer quotes an empty weight of 238lbs, which is fine if it's achievable, but it seems a bit light to me. The wing area is OK to meet our rule, from what I can see.

As this chap will be importing a kit from the US to England, he's quite reasonably a bit concerned if it turns out to be too heavy for our rule in reality.

Has anyone here built one, or know of the real world empty weight please?

Jeremy

Back