• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aircraft name change questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugene

Supporting Member
I need you guys to explain something to me in plain English, (or Russian)

I was arguing today with Skyboy original designer like I always do for last 5 years. And he made a statement that with that many changes that I'm doing to this aircraft it's not going to be Skyboy anymore. It will be completely different aircraft and should be called different.

I heard something similar from different people many times. But for some reason this kind of concern never entered my mind.

Here is my question. Do I need to change it? Why is he concerned about it? Is this normal practice to change your Airplane name if you changed something from original design? My airplane will look almost the same from the front, but will have a different tail. So what? I feel that I am missing something and I don't know what it is.

There is all kinds of changes inside of me in the last 40 years, but I am still running around under the same name without changes. Bonanza didn't change name for a very long time but airplane it's self changed quite a bit.

Back