• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aircraft logs - how Bad can they get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hephaestus

Curious, I'm getting a whole new appreciation of my Cherokee... The logs are clear, concise and there's no questions raised when you look through them. I thought that was the norm?

Working through pre-purchase - A&P reviewed the logs this weekend before starting on actual inspection. He has 3 pages of bulleted 10pt notes on things to check today. :ermm:

Small stuff, big stuff, confusion (it appears it's made multiple cross border sales / re-registration - never wearing a N / C# twice - one N# we don't even know, 7yrs 430hrs no entry at all - STCs that appear to be photocopies of someone else's (Canadian ones that don't appear filed?). The single peice belly and 1pc windshield mod appear to have been done after a wheels up? But no mention of incident (nor mention of new prop - had a 3 blade at the time?). Just a note about repair to fuselage bottom. Currently it wears a 2 blade prop that we have no clue where it came from or when. Apparently it's never had brakes done? Even a 20yr old AD that came out in the missing 7 years, no mention of it.

Sh_t! I've heard of these, but I'd never run across one. (Then again this is the first thorough pre-purchase I've done)

The current owner seems to be legit, but ****... Aren't these things supposed to be verified every year? And how does it cross the border repeatedly with incorrect logs - I could have sworn the import/export process would catch that?

My head hurts the more I look at this.

So what's the worst you guys have encountered?

Back