• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aircraft has no transponder or mode C, will this make me compliant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazansky22

So I've been looking at purchasing lots of different aircraft, many don't have a transponder or adsb out, unfortunately I live under the mode C veil and surrounded by class B, If I were to purchase an aircraft that did not have a transponder or adsb would this kit be enough to make me compliant?

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/trig-2020bundle-11-16299.php
It seems to have the trig mode S compact transponder, and the tn72 x gps position source. So I believe it ticks all the boxes. But a friend of mine was saying I had to have a waas enabled gps, like a 430w or something. I'm pretty sure this kit is what I need but I'm not certain, its a big purchase to make without being sure, and I'd like to use costs such as these to figure out how much I'm willing to spend on a plane.

Also if anybody else knows a cheaper kit out there I can purchase new in stock that ticks all the boxes for operating under the mode C veil and in class B.
Thanks!

Back