• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aircraft Grade Spruce "Market Survey"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
This posting is NOT a proper For Sale post, for a specific reason. If the moderators see it as violating any of the TOU or intentions, let me know and I will take it down or change it.

Our EAA Chapter will be getting a donation of spruce spar stock this week. My job, as Minister of Machiavellian Monetary Machinations, is to turn this wood into a Fort Knox sized pile of cash, to be used for our chapter's Zenith Cruzer project. This posting is intended as an initial exploratory post, to see if there is interest in this wood on HBA, as opposed to taking the traditional Barnstormers route. My intention would be to offer it to my fellow HBA'ers first.

The wood has been stored indoors. That's all I know now. I also do NOT YET have an accurate inventory, or pictures. A rough estimate by a non-aviation person (at the storage location) is that there are "about a dozen pieces", "a little more than an inch thick, maybe five or six inches wide, and most are over twelve feet, a few look like sixteen feet".

As soon as I get photos, a proper inventory, etc. then I will of course post it.

So my question is this: Assuming that it is usable spar stock, and assuming the pricing represents a 25% discount off of whatever Aircraft Spruce and Wicks would sell it for, how much interest from the wood airplane builders here on HBA is there in buying this kind of stuff?

Back