Aircraft *designs* available for sale?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

billyvray

I just saw some ads on Facebook from the current rights holder for the Spacewalker. Plans are $100 for pdf and $150 printed. That ain't bad.
spacewalker.jpg

The Sportster LSA (derivative of the Spacewalker II with metal wings) was on Barnstormers. Has been. Checked out what's there. It's a shame we don't have a spare $50k and the spare time, cuz that's a design that needs a Verner on the nose in the worst way.

TFF

That’s pretty good for Spacewalker plans, they use to be more than $300 I think $500.

anvegger

HBA Supporter
Four seats, gross weight of just under 4,000 pounds, 280 HP.

Not a small airplane.

Anyone know its single engine performance? Feathering props?

BJC
The single Rotax 912 version of this plane is known as "Новая Вера"

and is flying out of Samara RU, We are planning to complete the conversion of that design into LSA rules this year and our version is known as Aquarius

Reactions: BJC

anvegger

HBA Supporter
The Sportster LSA (derivative of the Spacewalker II with metal wings) was on Barnstormers. Has been. Checked out what's there. It's a shame we don't have a spare $50k and the spare time, cuz that's a design that needs a Verner on the nose in the worst way.
The "metal wing" of that Sportster LSA was not included in that price

ScaleBirdsScott

Interesting to know. Seemed like it was, or should have been. There was a lot of metal wing parts. In any case someone developing a metal wing does add to things, been going through that. But it's not that bad.

Last edited:

anvegger

HBA Supporter
Nice looking plane, but I see lots of drag from that channel tail. I see the benefit of the tail design from a structural standpoint, but I don’t see the twin rudders being any more effective than a single rudder of the same size as one of them.
Twin rudders serve the opportunity to use that boat for embark | disembark from the rear entrance. The "New Vera" Plane was designed as a trainer for all Anennkov's line of products: L-42, L-44 (M) etc.

How To Disembark L-45

anvegger

HBA Supporter
Interesting to know. Seemed like it was, or should have been. There was a lot of metal wing parts. In any case someone developing a metal wing does add to things, been going through that. But it's not that bad.
We have promoted and completed the Metal Wing design and KIT production site however we have stopped doing business with Warner Aerocraft of Seminole FL due to their legal issues . Very sad story

ktfiles

Smyth Model S Sidewinder design is currently for sale on ebay. Starting bid: $2,400
Less than 24 hours left to bid. Zero bidders thus far.

Smyth Sidewinder - Wikipedia

Bulk plans (approximately 180 sheets of each drawing), manuals, photos etc. Also fabricated parts.

Experimental aircraft design & Plans - Sidewinder S, records, bulk plans | eBay

A large size pickup load with a total of 16 boxes, 24" x 18" x 8", and one wooden crate 4' x 2' x 2'. Local pick up only with signed agreement & cash payment.

Grimace

Cool discussion. I made a few bucks several years ago by buying Mooney as a penny stock before it was bought by a Chinese company. Apparently, Mooney was spun off from Raytheon and it was basically just a small group of people making the spare parts with what, I imagine, is tons of drawings and IP in some file cabinet somewhere. And of course a few guys were still employed out there making the half-a-million dollar nearly-one-off single engine planes that kept the company alive on life-support for awhile.

As I recall, the entire market cap was something like $12 million. Wish I could've bought more stock. Heck, I wish I could have bought a controlling share! Life would have been different if I had, no doubt.

At one point I also did a tiny bit of research into buying Berkut. The molds are somewhere in SoCal last I heard, sitting in a hangar. But that was years ago. As I recall, they were talking about the drone market for the aircraft, but I didn't see how that made sense. In my mind, it was just a way to restart the building of a cool airplane. Today, I doubt I'd even touch those molds, but it was a cool plane back then... A glimpse of what the Rutan homebuilts could have evolved into.

Last edited:

Victor Bravo

At one point I also did a tiny bit of research into buying Berkut. The molds are somewhere in SoCal last I heard, sitting in a hangar.
The Berkut is a great airplane, I was hanging around there a little bit during some of their history and got to know one or two of the principals (Dave and Richard). A friend of mine was looking into buying the enterprise from Dave during one of the ups and downs. But like many other good designs, the personalities, politics, financial blunders, etc. was nothing less than a TV sitcom. I have no idea about whether it would be a better drone than any other platform, but I think there would be a niche market for it as a homebuilt airplane kit. If the molds are in good shape then maybe take another look and see. Is it still Mischa who is in charge of it or has it passed on to someone else?

Pilgrim69

A year ago, an American firm by the name Aerovehicles, announced plans to establish a "factory" in Paraguay to produce drones, blimps and the Berkut (I don't know if as a manned or unmanned aircraft). The CEO was one Bob Fowler, and they did have another branch already running in Argentina. Paraguay being a very small country and with no history whatsoever of Aerospace industry, the news was intriguing, but I didn't hear anything more about it.

Round Engines

We have promoted and completed the Metal Wing design and KIT production site however we have stopped doing business with Warner Aerocraft of Seminole FL due to their legal issues . Very sad story
Do you have any details on the metal wing? Have just purchased a set of plans for the SW2 and would prefer the metal wing.

Pops

Log Member
The Berkut is a great airplane, I was hanging around there a little bit during some of their history and got to know one or two of the principals (Dave and Richard). A friend of mine was looking into buying the enterprise from Dave during one of the ups and downs. But like many other good designs, the personalities, politics, financial blunders, etc. was nothing less than a TV sitcom. I have no idea about whether it would be a better drone than any other platform, but I think there would be a niche market for it as a homebuilt airplane kit. If the molds are in good shape then maybe take another look and see. Is it still Mischa who is in charge of it or has it passed on to someone else?
Several years ago my grandson ferried a Berkut across the U.S. to the west coast for the owner, but I don't know the name of the owner.