• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aircraft Art

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litespeed

Following on from the disscussions on cheap alloy planes, cheaper ultralights, ugliest, prettiest etc and my wish to learn alloy building techniques.........

I present the Aircraft Art thread.

Why Aircraft Art?

It is for all those aircraft parts that you have learnt on, made mistakes on, crashed, bashed or varied from flight condition. In my case it will be teaching myself aircraft construction techniques from cheap alloy- thus useless for flight.

And what is Art but asthetics, beauty, shapes,forms etc of no reason but they exist or functionless.

So we combine aircraft bits that are useless for flight and create Aircraft Art.

We could have lots of stuff from Aircraft used as pure art or functional art like a lounge, chair, coffee table, beer cooler etc

That wrecked wing would make a great bar for example- all polished up........thats Art.

As long as it uses aircraft parts or construction techniques or aircraft inspired eg riveted alloy or wing shapes etc it qualifies.

Reuse that scrap stuff and be artistic

If you find other stuff on the web that can be posted as well

Cheers

Litespeed

Back