• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Airbike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Mathes

North Miss. Just across the border from Memphis,Tn
Gentlemen (hope I didnt offend anyone :gig:) I have been an aircraft builder for many years (Flybaby,Pietenpol,RevolutionII,Hatz). I was a corporate pilot and have lost my medical (Faa sent the dreaded letter taking it)and do not wish to go to the large expense for all the tests to get a 3rd and let it lapse. Anyway i have the plans for the Airbike as well as the Legal Eagle. I am going to build the Bike using the aluminum tail surfaces of the Eagle for weight reduction over the 4130 of the Bike. My question is has there been any issues with spar strength on the Bike. The reason i ask is it uses 1/16 ply for the spar webs where the Eagle uses 1/8". I dont know of any Airbike builders so if you have any input i would appreciate hearing from you about that. I tend to think Ison would not have designed this wing using 1/16 webs if it were not strong enough, but just wanted to ask.
Thanks guys,
[email protected]

Back