• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Air Parks & Fly-In Communities

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanman

I don't know if this has ever been discussed on this forum -- but what are the opinions on Air Parks and Fly-In communities?

Anybody here live in one, or have had experience living in one? If so, which place(s) have you lived in, and what do you recommend about them? What are the pro's and cons?

I'm thinking it's got to be different living in a community where there are significantly more people with a knowledge and interest in personal aviation.

I bet it could make homebuilding an aircraft a much more social experience, if your neighbors even have knowledge on it.

Are Air Parks & Fly-In Communities on an uptrend? Are they the way of the future, as people decide to get farther away from the bigger cities?

Back