• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Air Cooled Design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urquiola

That is an interesting thought. Going to have to "noodle" on that for a bit, but it sounds like rich ground...
I repeat myself, and 'preseverance' is an early sign of dementia:, you could try the book: 'How to cool your Wankel', by Paul Lamar , from www.rotaryeng.net
ISBN 1933342048, 9781933342047.
As a curiosity I attach a document about advantages of a blown radiator or cooling fins over an aspirated radiator, as most cars had unil electric fans came in. Also and old document about calculation of fins for air cooled cylinders, and here, the address off a Madrid producer of small 2-Stroke engines for paramotors. https://www.heparamotores.com/es/
To avoid seizing of piston to cylinder wall, I'd suggest, same applies for Wankel, adding 1 cc LiquiMoly for litre of oil in gas mix, or in fuel, for engines with oil metering pump; also they added 1 can of MolykoteA (Dow Corning) on every oil exchange to car engines, with very good results.
Blessings +

Attachments

• Sachs KM-914 Ventil pres vs aspira -SAE 680572.jpg
    Sachs KM-914 Ventil pres vs aspira -SAE 680572.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 1
  • The design of fins for air-cooled cylinders A E Biermann & H Ellerbrock A9R8584.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • Effect of Fin Passage Lenght on Optimization of Cylinder Head Cooling Fins.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Design of Cooling Fins for Motorcycle Engines -P V Lamarque.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Back