• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Air Cam / CH-750 love child ....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbarnes

Dreaming of a plane I think I might be able to someday pursue depending on yalls feedback.
1. Love the Air Cam - perfect slow flight twin ... but not thrilled with the flying canoe cockpit
2. Love the CH 750- simple, all metal, ugly but dang if it doesnt just flat out work.

The Dream. Take the wing kit for a CH 750 Super Duty (nothing but the original CH801 wing) and 750SD horizontal tail and remake the rudder same shape but bigger. Have a custom chromoly fuselage made that scoots the front seats out in front of the leading edge of the wing (for w&B) and mount twin turbo Rotaxs facing backwards up on the wing.

The CH 750SD wing is designed for same 1,900-2,000 lbs gross as the Air Cam and has the same empty weight of 1,100 lbs as the CH 750SD with it's heavier O375 power plant.

Advantages over the Air Cam: Enclosed cockpit, faster cruise (not by much), more of a true STOL wing with leading edge slats

Am I nuts ? Are the engineering hurtles for piecing together wings of another plane onto a custom fuselage and power plant arrangement something that take 5-10 years to work out ?

What am I missing ? Everything ?
Of course I would bring on engineers and welders to design and fabricate, but hoping to reutilize much of the CH750 layout, controls, and kit components to save time.

VERY crude sketchup model
vu8uNLJ.jpg

kn924zY.jpg

Original CH750 line drawing with some work in photoshop
5GRnl6O.jpg

Back