• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ailerons on the KR2S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StRaNgEdAyS

I've been reviewing all the data I can find on the KR2S since I got the opportunity to purchase a set of plans.
Of the things I have noticed that could do with some modification, cabin width is an easy one, I'll only need an extra 2 inches to make it nice and comfy. But in the matter of the controls, I have noticed a couple of things that could stand some scrutiny.
The control surfaces are, for all I have been able to discern from the avaliable data without having the plans here just yet, unbalanced, and the ailerons appear not to be differentially linked? Is this so, can anyone else verify this?
If it is so, then this is an area in which I will be putting some thought into before building them.
Careful balancing of the control surfaces can and has shown a significant improvement in the Vne on many other completed KR's, and I feel that giving the ailerons some differential may also improve the handling somewhat.

Back