After 30 years, bottom of the barrel

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

challenger_II

The Army promised us a Company Grade Article 15 if we even pulled the safety wire pliers out of our toolbox!
I have to say I am ashamed of myself: I go through a tube of .032" about every two years. :)

Ken Powell

Funny you should mention that... I finished off a 1.22 oz bottle of Loctite 243 (oil resistant - blue) last week. But as a serious dirt bike guy I use a lot of loctite and I didn't give it a thought. I also use quite a bit of safety wire to secure handlebar grips but I've never worked my way thru a barrel; I guess I don't change grips often enough.

Dan Thomas

Working as a career mechanic, I went through a can of lockwire in a couple of months sometimes.

Now, a one-pound can of EZ-Turn (used to be known as Fuel Lube) will last a very long time. Handy stuff, though.

1656133106277.png

challenger_II

I was a jet engine mechanic in the USAF for 10 years... I cant count the linear feet of wire that has passed through my skin

If One was an aircraft wrench-bender in the Military, and didn't have a set of BDU's that were water-proof from all the Proseal, and have hundreds of safety wire poke marks, One was simply not doing their job correctly! :)

Toobuilder

Supporting Member
...And BDU's permanently discolored from 5606 and 7808.

Also where I learned about Coke as a stain remover... Dump a can or two of Coke in with a load of hydro soaked BDU's and they come out nice and clean.

Bill-Higdon

...And BDU's permanently discolored from 5606 and 7808.

Also where I learned about Coke as a stain remover... Dump a can or two of Coke in with a load of hydro soaked BDU's and they come out nice and clean.
I had a pair of boots I wore when I had to rebuilt the recoil adapters on the 30mm that hangs under the AH-64 nose. Once they got that stuff on them no way they'd take a shine