• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Affordaplane the Gusset problems help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

77na

This is the design Gusset:

123.jpg
Because of the design drawings did not specify the material and thickness on the Gusset.
And it fixed the 6063-t351 aluminum Tubing, specifications are: 2''× 2''× 1 / 8''wall.
Thickness of 4mm so I used the 6061-t4 aluminum as the Gusset.
I would like to use 6061-t6 aluminum, but very difficult to buy in my country qualified products.:mad2:
But when I finished, I regret, I am very worried about the strength of 6061-t4 is not enough.:dis:
I would like to have done what the shelf for reinforcement.
At present, I can buy here some 304 stainless steel, its thickness is 2mm.
Taking into account the difficulties of re-processing, as well as the additional weight.
I think part of the force only strengthen the relatively large areas be reinforced.
But I do not know whether this method is reasonable, or what better way to make it safer.
Hope to get help.:)

Thanks
Yan

Back