• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Affordable Kit for everyone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shivyadav

Hi,
After recent retirement from Air Force and was looking to build a light aircraft for flying. While searching for various kits, I found it is costly from my perspective. I am from India, and making these kits will be very affordable here. Various techniques, which are being used for making these kits worldwide, are very affordable here. Raw material, such as Aluminium Alloy 6061 sheet is approx 4 USD per kg and 7075 round bar cost approx 10 USD per kg.
I would need advice from the group members about the idea of manufacturing kit in India and providing it on affordable price in major kit markets.

Back