Aeroplane you have to dress into !

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Jeez, now I want a Knight Twister even more...
Local friend of mine the same age as me built a Knight Twister. One day another friend and I landed on his farm grass runway and the KT was setting out front of his hanger and he was setting in the grass leaning against a tree shaking and chain smoking. Ask him what's wrong. He said " That D** airplane try's to kill me every time I fly it "
He ended up getting killed in an auto accident.

Speedboat100

Banned
Stolen from the Biplane forum:

View attachment 102097

Yes folks, this is a full sized Knight Twister fuselage. I don't know how you even get into it.

View attachment 102098
Possibly there is a step here on the lower wing...and then grab on the other side of the fuselage..or upper wing to haul your body in...foot first.

Knight_Twister_125_(N7D).jpg

It is just 4,25 m long....and under 5 m spanning.

Last edited:

flitzerpilot

I've not flown a Turb, but can confirm that the Jodel D-9 is a joy to fly. But in winter you have to wrap up warm if it has no canopy since the airflow around the screen can cut you to the bone. I mentally designed much of the Flitzer Z-1 while flying a D-9. It used the same wing area of 97sq.' and initially a similar 1600 cc VW, although the intention was to convert that to 1834cc, which much improved the RoC. NB. I designed the cockpit on the Flitzer to sit low, out of the slipstream behind. a small aero screen. It's the warmest open cockpit machine I've flown.