• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Airplane For Sale Aeronca 7AC

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Bellaire MK

1947 Aeronca 7AC In restoration process. All log books and current registration. A-65-8F Asking $8500.00

Rhino

Lifetime Supporter
Hours, damage history, mother's maiden name, ATM Pin number..... Throw us a bone!

Bellaire MK

7AC More details; Fuselage and tail surfaces ready to blast and epoxy prime. All steel components excellent condition.
TTAF from last log entry 880hrs. Tach time 543hrs. Continentel A-65-8F with 543hrs. from last entry.
Wings will require rebuilding. All parts are here less ribs for left wing. Ailerons in excellent cond.
Nose bowl excellent cond., cowl assy. is in good cond. All extra Champ parts included.

pfarber

Unless you are an A&P with AI or know one that will sign off your work, this is not an E/AB. The 7AC is a certified aircraft.

This really doens't belong on a Homebuilders web site.

Bellaire MK

The Champ is quite a bit less demanding to restore compared to a Piper J-3, has better performance and cost is less for the restoration. You can restore this aircraft and apply for an AP rating and do your own inspections. It's not that
big of a deal. You would still have to work under the direction of an IA. for inspections over the duration of the rebuild.
The information is in FAR/AIM, unless the Feds have changed their rule.

Bellaire MK

There are a few pieces of wood on the fuse but not that labor intensive. This airframe can also be built as the L-16 version and would be a great observation platform.

blane.c

HBA Supporter
A 7AC was my first airplane, it is a honest little plane. Hand prop, heel brakes, stick control, brakes are cable controlled (stock) and I had to re-adjust them after nearly every flight with my instructor (he used them a lot) but I could get several flights between adjustments solo and after getting better with the plane. I always wanted to convert to hydraulic brakes.

allonsye

A 7AC was my first airplane, it is a honest little plane. Hand prop, heel brakes, stick control, brakes are cable controlled (stock) and I had to re-adjust them after nearly every flight with my instructor (he used them a lot) but I could get several flights between adjustments solo and after getting better with the plane. I always wanted to convert to hydraulic brakes.
Indeed, every cable/mechanical brakes I've flown I always wanted to convert to hydraulic brakes.