Aeromomentum RV-12

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

cheapracer

Log Member
So far it does look good. I'd like to see more people flying behind them before I'd feel comfortable buying one though.
Been around for a while now in airboats as well, I know Mark has changed an engine core (Suzuki), but retained the PSRU, at 4000 hours on one (airboat).

plncraze

HBA Supporter
4000 on an airboat! How much flotsam and jetsam have gone through the prop? Aren't these things supposed to eat debris?

Colin.macd

I can’t seem to find any reports on Aeromomentum fwf from actual end users. It sounds like a great option, but would like to have a report from someone who has flown behind one.

zolotiyeruki

There's an Aeromomentum Owners' group on Facebook that you can request to join. That's where I'd start

PagoBay

I can’t seem to find any reports on Aeromomentum fwf from actual end users. It sounds like a great option, but would like to have a report from someone who has flown behind one.
See this HBA thread -

cblink.007

In the design of my aircraft, I originally looked at the 912ULS, then looked at a BMW R1200GS conversion, then a Yamaha Apex before I stumbled upon the AM-15. Price point and performance right on par. This said, it was not until a few days back that I finally got to fly an RV equipped with the same engine. I am very impressed. Engine performance was crisp and predictable, and very hassle-free. This particular engine I flew has close to 850 TT on it, and the owner has reported ZERO issues. Having a good amount of GM/Suzuki auto engine experience over the years, maintenance looks to be straightforward; the PSRU is solid; the owner said again, no issues...or leaks for that matter.

I'll be doing another flight this weekend up to my design cruise altitude to get a feel for it in that environment, but so far, so good! Cannot wait to get my hands on one.

I have been looking at an AM-10 (85hp) for a project in working on. I cannot find any info on the sales of those engines. I have sent out email from the areomomentum contact link and have not recieved a reply. Do you have a link with any info?
THX Laverne
AEROMOMENTUM

AM10 AIRCRAFT ENGINE

1635601419974.png

karmarepair

HBA Supporter
I have been looking at an AM-10 (85hp) for a project in working on. I cannot find any info on the sales of those engines. I have sent out email from the aeromomentum contact link and have not received a reply. Do you have a link with any info?
Their website says they are not taking orders for this engine.

If you need an engine in this size range, perhaps the Raven people can help you out with one of their smaller 3 cylinder Suzuki conversion, or Rotax Rick will sell you one of his liquid cooled two strokes.

ToddK

HBA Supporter
I have been looking at an AM-10 (85hp) for a project in working on. I cannot find any info on the sales of those engines. I have sent out email from the areomomentum contact link and have not recieved a reply. Do you have a link with any info?
THX Laverne
The AM-10 is currently vaporware. Not taking orders and no flying engines. The Viking 90 is real and flying, and the Yamaha might also be a good option.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
THX Laverne
AEROMOMENTUM

AM10 AIRCRAFT ENGINE
Laverne,
Here's a very recent post from Mark Kettering with information about the AM10.
Not so complicated but proven conversion?

Urquiola

About 'avionized car engines', serious doubts were in an article I already sent: 'Power struggle: why car engines won' t fly', by Don Sherman, Air&Space, Dec 1996, Jan 1997; pages 71-81.
For low cost engines, besides Wankel, you can consult 'AeroExpo'
Blessings +