• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Adjustable pitch prop & Rotax 670.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadProfessor8138

I wasn't quite sure of which section to post this thread in due to it pertaining to a few different areas......2-stroke engines,props and Bush flying.

The information :
1. Ragwing Stork designed for extreme STOL performance
2. Rotax 670
3. Ivoprop...adjustable pitch or fixed pitch
4. I want the ability to have the best of both worlds....climb & cruise.
This aircraft will be used for Bush type flying but also flown distances at times to attend fly ins.

My questions are :

1. I know the concept of the adjustable pitch prop....but only in use on a 4-stroke.
How do things differ when used on a 2-stroke?
Is there any difference in the 2 operations.

2. The STORK is designed for very short take off & landings.....which brings me to my next question.
Would a clutch in the gearbox hurt or help?
When power is pulled to idle the prop will be windmilling and should create a fair bit of drag to help bleed off speed at steep angles on approach.
Thoughts on clutch in gearbox or no clutch ?

3. Will the adjustable pitch prop offer enough performance over the ground adjustable to justify the cost ?

Kevin

Back