• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Additional information rescource - Mark Langford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Wynne

Builders:

There can be no serious argument against builders accessing as much information as possible when they are building a plane. Risk Management and common sense dictate getting information from as many different qualified sources as possible. This thread is to share with builders the address of another discussion group which has been going since 1999, devoted to Corvair Flight engines. It is called "Corvaircraft" and it is run and actively moderated by Mark Langford, a pilot with more than 1,100 flight hours behind a Corvair.

The address of the group is at this location:
CorvAircraft Internet Email List

It has instructions on how to sign up there. If you have questions, you can Write Mark Langford directly at this address.[email protected]. It is probably a good idea to drop him a one sentence email there and let him know that you are also a Home Built Airplanes person.

Corvaircraft has a gigantic archives. For most of the last 15 years it has had more than 500 active subscribers, it has dozens of active writers, and several dozen Corvair pilots have written in depth for it. Mark is insistent that writers stay on subject for the thread titles, and this makes searching the archives much easier. Here is the location of the archives: CorvAircraft Mail Archive - Message Detail

While HBA does the job of covering the theory of engines quite well, Corvaircraft is much more focused on the nuts and bolts of actually doing it. Perhaps it is a good idea for builders to know both.

*Full Disclosure - I am friends with Mark, and I once wrote a few hundred posts that are in the Corvaircraft archives, but the site is in no way tied to my work or products, and I have not been a contributor to the group since 2011. The site is simply a comparatively active discussion of actual building techniques.

Back