Quantcast

About the Varieze

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

piperpilot1363

Sorry to kick open old coffins, but I read somewhere that vari eze's suddenly lost a bunch of support because of wing attachment bolt corrosion. I only found it on a thread somewhere and haven't dug much else up on the topic. I was wondering if this is an isolated case or something that affected the fleet as a whole. There is a couple of tempting projects on barnstormers. :gig:

Andrew

Mac790

Sorry to kick open old coffins, but I read somewhere that vari eze's suddenly lost a bunch of support because of wing attachment bolt corrosion. I only found it on a thread somewhere and haven't dug much else up on the topic. I was wondering if this is an isolated case or something that affected the fleet as a whole. There is a couple of tempting projects on barnstormers. :gig:

Andrew
The best idea might be to ask this question at canard related forum, like here Canard Aviation Forum - Powered by vBulletin because I'm not in canards anymore (I don't read that forum frequently), I'm not up to date, but if I remember correctly this problem was common for Varieze, caused by improper (lack of) corrosion protection on those wing attachments. If you be able to get unfinished airplane it might be worth it (especially with those attachments "separate"), but I would be very careful with those 20-25 years + completed airplanes. If I remember correctly some has limited flight envelope to about +2.5 G's !!!

Seb