• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

A turbofan for homebuilts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranester

Hi! I didn't see this one mentioned here... On a routine Google patrol for small turbofan engines I came across an interesting piece of hardware:

Home - Price Induction

They had a booth at Le Bourget and Oshkosh, displaying their new DGEN-380 and DGEN-390 turbofans, intended for "Private light jet" for under $1M, twin engined. Sea level take-off thrust should be 255DaN for 380 and 330DaN for the 390; cruise setting at 10 kft and Mn 0.338 should be 100DaN and 135 DaN, respectively. The flight domain is optimized for under 300kts speed and 25kft altitude, so they should really be useful for the amateur builder too.

While I'm not expecting to see these engines on the south side of $100k, it's still sort of reasonable price for a factory turbofan that can provide economic power for an amateur homebuilt jet.

I really hope this little engine delivers where EJ-22 failed!

Back