• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

A single seat design for a C65

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueRidge

A single seat design for a C65.

There are a number of single seat designs of this type that use a VW engine, but I’d like to use a C65. It's reliable as gravity but usually too heavy for aircraft that were designed for VW power plants.

Use: I’d like a fun sport plane that has 120mph cruise, nice handling but doesn’t need to be aerobatic, it will mostly be used for 600-700 mile commuting flights carrying a 200 lb. pilot and 50 lbs. of baggage. Three hours of cruise fuel plus reserve is enough. Most of the designs I've seen for the C65 are for low speed local flying. I'm definitely looking for a simple cross country airplane.

A fun sport plane that is low tech and reliable, day VFR (hand prop is ok, I'll likely use a battery pack for electrical devices like sailplanes do). Rag and tube construction is preferred, but I’m open to wood or metal.

Any good ideas?

Back