• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

A question about this used 582,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leviterande

Hi, I am really not sure where to post this. If I posted in the wrong forumsection I apologize and please move it. As I mentioned in the other post I am looking for a reasonably priced engine considering the fact that I am in Europe. I have checked lots of --"40hp -and-up"-2- strokes all from DIY conversions, Ul-engines, and already converted engines, to used UL engines, and every department has its own disadvantage as location of engine, high difficulty of conversion or initial high prices are the main hurdles.

Thus, in the end, I thought perhaps that an already established real UL 2-stroke like a good old 582 incl redrive could possibly be the best option. I found a used one from Hungary just overhauled and run for 20 mins after that it is said..

ROTAX 582 COMPLETE WITH C 1:3.47 REDRIVE - Aero Sales - Buy, Sell & Rent Aircraft in UK & Europe

I contacted the seller and the engine is in Hungary, price is 2500 Euros excl shipping. I may just take it but I am a little worried if the engine isnt nearly in the condition it is being advertised for, and the fact it is listed since 2012...is worrying me a little. I must say I am a little afraid of frauds or scams over the net since I am used buying in person or from inland. Am I being a little pessimistic and too worried ? or not? any possible words on this would be highly appreciated from the more experienced guys here before I make a decision

Thanks

Back