A new all-electric aircraft with a range up to 600 miles unveiled at Paris Air Show

Discussion in 'Hangar Flying' started by Wayne, Jun 22, 2017.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jun 28, 2017 #61

Aesquire

Aesquire

Aesquire

Re: A new all-electric aircraft with a range up to 600 miles unveiled at Paris Air Sh

It's hard to determine the environmental impact of stuff sometimes, ....it will not fetch thee much in our Nantucket market.
    See the "Top Gear" video posted June 23.

I can't say the OP aircraft is a con for sure. Looks like one to me. I wouldn't invest in it. You'd do far better to look for a return on the next hula hoop/fidget spinner/phone app type of thing. But I could be wrong. This could be the next Halide, and the wisest investment you can make. But I'd bet on it being a tax write off and plan to miss out.

2. Jun 28, 2017 #62

Aesquire

Aesquire

Aesquire

Re: A new all-electric aircraft with a range up to 600 miles unveiled at Paris Air Sh

The subject relevant part is at 11:33 where the car maker describes his company and goals for the electric supercar that Richard crashed.

[video]https://drivetribe.com/p/im-going-to-die-watch-richard-hammond-bbPZ61p3TDGJWaXPmhDDBw?iid=K2Fu7jy3SOyBZ-bLVmNDDw[/video]

I think the business model at Rimac is similar to the one at Koenigsegg. Supercars and technology developers. I think that's the most likely model for a successful electric aircraft developer as well.

3. Apr 10, 2018 #63

Jay Kempf

Jay Kempf

Jay Kempf

Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Why did "Dear or Alive's"... You spin me right round baby, right round... Start playing in my head. Because I grew up in that era?

It could never be certified in that configuration in any jursidiction. There is no emergency procedure that could fix that much asymmetry.

4. Apr 28, 2018 #64

CobraCar11

CobraCar11

CobraCar11

It seems like there is a disparity between the vision of the founder, and the reality the company faces. The closer those two perspectives can come together, the better the chance for success. Sometimes, if that gap is too large, a founder with a grand vision of what could be gets painted with the same brush as the conman. If the vision can't adjust and the reality doesn't change, probability of success lowers. Sometimes reality isn't ready for the vision, and sometimes the vision is just impossible.

Without the crystal ball, it's really hard to tell.....