a Greek Foam-Composite Airchair attempt

Discussion in 'Soaring' started by DeltaMan, Jan 18, 2017.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Nov 8, 2019 #101

dino

dino

dino

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

For control cables there will be low constant tension. There are next generation UHMWPEs that are creep resistant but Dyneema should do well and better than Kevlar which the OP had excluded on price concerns.

2. Nov 9, 2019 #102

DeltaMan

DeltaMan

DeltaMan

@ litespeed...
    Of Course Sir I agree with you & thank you for my hollow wings. Those were for an R/C test model. I have stated that the spar will definitely connect to the skins on a previous post (#31) on this thread._
    As a matter of fact, I am reinforcing the spar's caps and I'll draw plans and post many pics on how I'll do that... ;)
    It looks strange to me when I see all these tube designs without a center spar! I know of course that these diagonal tubes hold the loads, but it's still strange, haha...
    For control cables I'm not yet there guys, we'll see... :)

> Thick black lines show the main spar system. Rear one is angled cause I'll try a "hidden hinge gap" method I've made on model wings with success.
    > Thin black lines show spar's edges roving-reinforcements.
    > The bottom skin (red line) will be cut at HC point.
    I hope that the photo from MQ-1's hinge detail will help you understand a bit. I'll post more info on the hinges when I have more time...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019