• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

A design I've been working on...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

addaon

Supporting Member
Greetings. I'd like to present some ideas around a design that I've been working on, on and off, for a little over ten years now. I want to say, up front, that not a single piece of this aircraft currently exists -- some analysis has been done, but this is a pure paper design today.

The design is for a low aspect ratio, statically unstable flying wing. I'm going to talk about all three of those design characteristics in isolation first, and then talk about why I think they combine so nicely. I will defer talking about the specific mission I'm designing around until a later post; for now, we'll keep the concepts abstract. Similarly, unless necessary for understanding I'll skip numbers that arise from detailed design, although I'm glad to discuss them later.

I'm going to do this as a few posts to make reading and managing it easier.

Back