Quantcast

A couple of little Hawkers

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
How cool! Someone has good taste in aircraft. I want to see air-to-air formation shots once the Fury gets sorted out.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
I would love to see a Sindlinger Hurricane with an inline engine done up as four-cannon Hurricane IIc in North Africa complete with big tropical chin air filter. An Aeromomentum AM13 100 hp should be just right. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Sindlinger plans are still available?

pictsidhe

I would love to see a Sindlinger Hurricane with an inline engine done up as four-cannon Hurricane IIc in North Africa complete with big tropical chin air filter. An Aeromomentum AM13 100 hp should be just right. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Sindlinger plans are still available?

If you're going to build an African Hurricane, go for the IID!

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
More than 20 years ago I played one of the first massive online multiplayer games called WarBirds, which was a WWII air combat simulator with up to 200 players on simultaneously. I always had a thing for playing the early war planes like the Hurricane, Wildcat, Airacobra, etc. and learning the fighting style that worked best for those planes rather than just being another player in a Mustang or Me-109. I got a lot of victories with the Hurricane IIC against people that saw it as a stodgy slow plane for beginners like the Hurricane I. You had to conserve ammo and wait for your shot (only 60 rounds per gun for the four 20mm cannons) but you could destroy just about anything head on. So, while I admire the guts of those who flew low level IID missions with the 40mm guns, make mine a IIC.

wiloows5050

Log Member

Fred’s son Lyle is selling the plans. He may still have a couple of sets left. He was asking $275.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Now you've done it, Tiger Tim. I haven't even received the Viking Cygnet plans I ordered last week yet, and now I've gone ahead and ordered Sindlinger Hurricane plans, too! ;-)