• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

A 4 engine jet as homebuilt ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topspeed100

I introduced in the wood structure area an idea of a 4 engine jet ( 4 x model engines ). To top the existing Cri Cri and BD-5 records for the smallest jet.

Would that have difficulties in regulation side ? Engines are to be overhauled at just 25 hours of use ?

Also pilots eligible to fly a small beast would be small portion of race pilots and army / navy pilots..perhaps few commercial pilots ! Would this make it an less desired in air space in general ?

I assume ( by Cri Cri jet and BD-5J and BD-10 ) that this could go 450-500 km/h..perhaps even 700 in a dive. Engines would only cost 14,3 K€..thus it could be quite easily achieved by a homebuilder.

Would this project run into NSA and FBI investigations if tried to be sold to anyone ? I did realise that there is a certain unwanted element of it when in wrong hands ? Drug smugglers could get away with it very fast etc. It could also for its diminutive size be almost undetected in a radar ?

Attachments

• AAA_DE-1V2cav2do.jpg
    AAA_DE-1V2cav2do.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 6,004
Back