Quantcast

8months later... Medical resolved. Wx sucks.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

BJC

HBA Supporter
Seeing your map reminded me of a driving trip some years ago. Had 6” of snow fall on us, about half way from Banff to Jasper. It was a wonderful trip; just didn’t expect snow in July.

BJC

Hephaestus

Seeing your map reminded me of a driving trip some years ago. Had 6” of snow fall on us, about half way from Banff to Jasper. It was a wonderful trip; just didn’t expect snow in July.
Snows every month of the year here at elevations. 93 is a gorgeous drive though - everyone should experience that stretch of road. Sunrise and sunset out there is magnificent.

Reactions: BJC

BJC

HBA Supporter
Snows every month of the year here at elevations. 93 is a gorgeous drive though - everyone should experience that stretch of road. Sunrise and sunset out there is magnificent.
I totally agree.

From SeaTac, we drove to Arlington, to Vancouver, then up the Fraizer River and the Thompson River to Kamloops, through Revelstoke, where we ate at the RR workers cafeteria In the middle of the night, through Golden, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton, Calgary, then west on US 2 thru Kalispel, Leavenworth, and eventually back to SeaTac. While in Canada, we stayed in rooms at private homes, but none served breakfast, because of some law. Met lots of very nice people.

The scenery was absolutely spactacular, and, unlike the national parks in the U.S.A., there was no roadside trash in the provincial parks. We repeated the southwestern part of that trip about 15 years later with friends, and still found it spactacular, but did not see nearly as much wildlife as we had on the first trip.

We plan on getting back there in the next few years. Based on our experience, plus the experiences of several friends who took the trans-Canada train, I highly recommend a driving trip (as opposed to a train trip) there. Note to fellow Floridians: your usual winter clothes will not be adequate at the higher elevations, but it can be very hot there, too.

BJC

PMD

wind overnight was 70 g 100 (KPH) so one of those rare days when wife and Iook at each other and are thankful we don't have any airplanes tied down any more. BUT: her brand new shed for tractors and garden tools is destroyed...lasted only a few days.

Hephaestus

Tornados thunderstorms and yeah serious wind.

Did get up early this morning. Just T&G's as the winds were coming up. Knocked it off as xwind hit about 20g30. But it was really nice to be up on my own again.

Rust isn't as bad as I feared - but the Garmin upgrade has me looking and reaching to the wrong place constantly. Even some of the switches that didn't really move - are "off" just enough to throw me off.