• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

810 Briggs Rabbit Hole - New Head Branch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forked off from another industrial engine thread.

Decided to take a few hours to see how much potential a new head casting for the 810 B+S engine might open up. The sketches below have all of the essential original B+S parts in their original location (+/_ 1mm or so).
The block in the assembly is the standard B+S ParaZoom block as found on GrabCad - not the 810 block.

What I think I discovered is that there is some improvement available for aircraft use but a lot of the orientation of the ports depends on if the engine is going to be used upright, inverted, and if the flywheel side will be facing the incoming air or if it is on the trailing side.

I'm not likely to get time to be serious about this project for a year or more but I thought others might like to see how much open space there is available for additional cooling once the OEM restraint for a simple die casting is removed.
810 with vert bare block.JPG810 head valley side.JPG810 head flywheel view.JPG

Edit: Exhaust ports shown are best for inverted. Upright would probably be rotated 90 deg.

Last edited:
Back