Wanted 75 hp Continental parts I need.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

airbike

Log Member
Oil sump
Crankshaft ....not accept prop strike
2 Magnetos

Please send me your cost and pics of your 75 hp Continental parts.

Pops

Log Member
Contact Bob Barrows at Fincastle, VA, R & B Aircraft. Designer of the Bearhawk aircraft. He was selling aluminum oil sumps for the Cont-0-200 engine and down.
Very nice.
A good Crankshaft for the 75 is hard to find. Most for sale are a worn out .010 under size. If turned to .020 under there is just one place that sells the bearings and they are very expensive.

Kyle Boatright

What crank does the 75 use? Stock 65 crank, or the 85 crank? I have a flanged 65 crank.

Derswede
It uses a -65 crank. All you're doing with an A-75 is spinning an A-65 faster using different pistons, a mod to the piston pins, and (IIRC) an oil hole drilled in the rods.

Derswede

AAh, yes, Harry Fenton. That man I believe knows more about Continentals than.....Continental!

So I do have a crank, will post it in the For Sale area.

Derswede

crusty old aviator

It uses a -65 crank. All you're doing with an A-75 is spinning an A-65 faster using different pistons, a mod to the piston pins, and (IIRC) an oil hole drilled in the rods.
Drilled rods are for only the A80’s 5 ring pistons, the A75 has 4 ring pistons, the A65 has 3 ring pistons, and those are the only differences, other than redline.

airbike

Log Member
What crank does the 75 use? Stock 65 crank, or the 85 crank? I have a flanged 65 crank.

Derswede

I do accept a flanged 65 crank. Tell me if you can send me pics and your best offer.

Richard

Derswede

PM me, I have photos and can mike the bearings to show current diameter. There is also a set of bearing shells with the crank, they were taped onto the crank with grease below to prevent any corrosion. Worked well, journals are bright and shiny.

Derswede