• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

52 x 54 Black Prince P-tip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Stewart

Refinished by Prince due to leading edge rain abrasion. The prop is as new, in the box. Lonnie says he has installed "new and improved" leading edge protection, but I'm going back to urethane on a Sterba for now.

Beautiful prop. They just don't handle rain well. $850. With the refinish cost I've got twice that amount invested in this prop. I'm selling it because I don't want to spend another $350 every time I fly in rain.

It has the six-bolt SAE-1 pattern and has been on a Great Plains 2180.

The 52 x 54 on a KR is perfect for wide-open throttle cruising above 8000 ft. The GP 2180 turns 3150 which is just where I want this engine to be at WOT. It seems to have the same "almost constant speed" effect as a Warneke. Takeoff & climb performance is excellent yet there is sufficient pitch to go fast where the air is thinner. It has been on a KR-1½. The new Sterba will also be 52 x 54.

Mike
KSEE
[email protected]
(619) 449-5145

Attachments

• P1040318.jpg
    P1040318.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 413
  • P1040307.jpg
    P1040307.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 149
Back