Quantcast

4A-084 teledyne engines for sale

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

singledadinmo2000

HBA Supporter
Mailing address is 50 Argyle Street.
Sopchoppy, FL 32358. Advise price and address for check.
Thanks!
Sorry it took so long but I did send them parts today I will send you a price and address later I’m out working right nowI sent some valves and valve springs and some other stuff with it I don’t need it anymore so you might as well have them

pwood66889

Got `em, and thank you so much! I'm reading your address as:
Chris Bops
2115 N. Taylor
Springfield, Mo 65803
Please confirm! Don't you just love it when a deal comes together over the Internet and Jeff Bezos doesn't get a cut??? :)

Armilite

A Good Example of 084 setup for Airplane use. Reliable 45hp is all your going to get if you want it to live very long. Can it make more hp, Yes, one was upgraded and Dynoed 60hp, but it didn't last long. They lasted about 1000 hrs if minor upgrades were done and treated right. They had weak Rod Bolts, one of the minor upgrades. Here is one in Direct Drive and one with a Belt Reduction. Originally Rated 20hp at 10,000 ft for Military 10kw Generators so it would work in 98% of the World.

Attachments

addicted2climbing

Log Member
here are some photos from when I had one on a skylite
I reached out to you many years ago regarding your Skylite with the O84 engine in it. Ed told me that anything heavier than then 80lbs was too heavy for a Skylite. Curious how it worked out for you. Also it looks like you changed the rudder as well. I am the fairly new owner of the Skylite planset and sell them here. www.cloudbaseaviation.com
If the Skylite could take the heavier engine I would put in a Pegasus DP1 as I have one I will get in the next run of engines but now that is slated for the Lil Bitts. I may build a slightly larger Skylite to be able to use the DP1 at some point.

I would love to hear your thoughts of how the skylite did with the O84. Also any more pics you can share? one of your pics is too small to see. I am currently working on offer subkits as I develope them and buil done for myself.

singledadinmo2000

HBA Supporter
Got `em, and thank you so much! I'm reading your address as:
Chris Bops
2115 N. Taylor
Springfield, Mo 65803
Please confirm! Don't you just love it when a deal comes together over the Internet and Jeff Bezos doesn't get a cut??? :)
Chris borg the Rest is right

singledadinmo2000

HBA Supporter
I reached out to you many years ago regarding your Skylite with the O84 engine in it. Ed told me that anything heavier than then 80lbs was too heavy for a Skylite. Curious how it worked out for you. Also it looks like you changed the rudder as well. I am the fairly new owner of the Skylite planset and sell them here. www.cloudbaseaviation.com
If the Skylite could take the heavier engine I would put in a Pegasus DP1 as I have one I will get in the next run of engines but now that is slated for the Lil Bitts. I may build a slightly larger Skylite to be able to use the DP1 at some point.

I would love to hear your thoughts of how the skylite did with the O84. Also any more pics you can share? one of your pics is too small to see. I am currently working on offer subkits as I develope them and buil done for myself.
I will have to look for more pictures as long as you keep the engine close to the firewall as you can the weight and balance was fine I had to add 15 pounds to the tail to get it right but it flew like a dream that motor was made for that plane And yes you want to build a bigger tail the original is too small you will not have good ground control I found the plans for that tail that I had on the Internet

singledadinmo2000

HBA Supporter
A Good Example of 084 setup for Airplane use. Reliable 45hp is all your going to get if you want it to live very long. Can it make more hp, Yes, one was upgraded and Dynoed 60hp, but it didn't last long. They lasted about 1000 hrs if minor upgrades were done and treated right. They had weak Rod Bolts, one of the minor upgrades. Here is one in Direct Drive and one with a Belt Reduction. Originally Rated 20hp at 10,000 ft for Military 10kw Generators so it would work in 98% of the World.
You are so right 40 to 45 horses all you want to push that motor anymore and you will have problems but if you leave it at 40 to 45 it will run forever

stansusman

I'm blown away at the lack of response to these engines, I have 2 of the best longest prop hub with these as well.
if you need 45 ish hp and like 4 stroke you might consider these as I'm about to donate for the write off. I moved them to north central ca. now...
Stan 831 334 3035

pwood66889

Would be more interested, Stan, if they were closer to NW FL. Right now I have a 2A-042 complete with prop that I should work on now that the cooler weather is here.
You West Coast guys are missing a bet on a good, reliable power plant!

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Please explain.
I'll take a swing at it. US tax law changes have significantly increased the size of the standard deduction and capped some types of itemized deductions (e.g. state and local taxes). As a consequence, for a majority of tax returns, it doesn't make sense to take itemized deductions anymore because the standard deduction is now higher than what you can/would want to achieve with existing itemized deduction opportunities. Including charitable gifts.

Last edited:

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I'll take a swing at it. US tax law changes have significantly increased the size of the standard deduction and capped some types of itemized deductions (e.g. state and local taxes). As a consequence, for a majority of tax returns, it doesn't make sense to take itemized deductions anymore because the standard deduction is now higher than what you can/would want to achieve with existing itemized deduction opportunities. Including charitable gifts.
Thanks--I understand that. I was objecting to characterizing the increase of the standard deduction as taking away charitable deductions. I was hoping @pictsidhe, who made the assertion, might try to defend such an absurdity, but he didn't. It really doesn't belong on HBA.com, so I'm going to leave it alone.

Last edited: