Quantcast

49 Aronaca Chief North Dakota 65 Cont.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

don january

Log Member
Just came across a deal on this aircraft. Asking price is 12500.00 but fella is willing to go part cash and part nineteen thirties car or truck project. I called him and was told it tipped up and had a prop strike and cracked prop and bent one lift strut. I question spar damage and it's not known. Sad thing is he said it is sitting outside as of yesterday in the climate of N.D. and wants it out of the yard. I will drive over tomorrow and take a look. If member is more interested give me a pm and I'll let you know what I discover. Don

don january

Log Member
I told him 12,500.00 was in my opinion twice the worth of it's value because of probable condition and he said he was starting there and open to any offer. One good thing he has all logs for engine and aircraft. I will ask to get a couple pictures when I drive over to location.

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
A busted up Chief for $12,500 isn't a great deal. You can buy decent flyers in the mid-teens.
That does seem kind of high.
My brother has a '46 for sale in that price range about 1 state SW of there....probably with a fresh annual. He also has a 175 that is about 150 past TBO so he might be willing to deal on the 'knocker.

don january

Log Member
Drove over and took a peak and a bust in my opinion. I offered to give him 2500 for the 65 Cont but he does not want to part out at this time. Fabric has more dust then paint and strut fitting mount appeared to be bent also. I will try and share any aircraft that shows up locally in my area. There is a nice Mirage ultralight for 2,500.00 posted on Grand Forks N.D. Craigs list. bird is located on the very North East tip of N.D.