$46500?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Toobuilder

Log Member
Zip ties are "acceptable", but string tie is "art".

Zip ties can be installed in seconds (which is why shops use them), but compared to string they are heavy, razor sharp, and eventually get brittle and fall off.

TXFlyGuy

There are pros and cons both ways. String can come loose if the harness are moved around much. Tie wraps take many years to get brittle, but they will in time. Our harness will be string tied. Lloyd does not string tie until all wires are in place in the harness.
The tie wraps in the photo are temporary.

Midniteoyl

Those ties are temporary. I think we covered this in an earlier post. The ties are only used until everything is in place, where it belongs. At that time, string ties will be installed and the tie wraps will be removed.
Being Navy trained, I like the lace. We couldn't use tie wraps or string anywhere..

TXFlyGuy

We are confident the string ties will be just fine. Avionics 1st normally works on Barons, Bonanzas, C-210'S, Malibu's, etc. They are treating my job just like I was a corporate jet.

Midniteoyl

We are confident the string ties will be just fine. Avionics 1st normally works on Barons, Bonanzas, C-210'S, Malibu's, etc. They are treating my job just like I was a corporate jet.
I'm sure it will be. Just ribbing ya a little :)

SVSUSteve

Might take a week or more depending on how good the steaks are every night ;)
Well....let's put it this way. I'm more proud of my steaks than I am of my lasagna. The last time I made lasagna for my wife to take to the firehouse with her (she's an EMT; we actually met through a forum for EMS providers), the captain pulled rank and threatened to stab any of the firefighters who went for the last piece with his fork. That's an extremely high compliment given firehouse cooking standards. Judge that how you will.

I'm actually planning on having "come find any oversights" parties during the build process so that folks with the right backgrounds (A&P, engineers, experienced builders) can help reduce the chance of something being overlooked. Pizza, soda and magnifying glasses will be provided.

BJC

HBA Supporter
I'm actually planning on having "come find any oversights" parties during the build process so that folks with the right backgrounds (A&P, engineers, experienced builders) can help reduce the chance of something being overlooked. Pizza, soda and magnifying glasses will be provided.
That is a good practice.

BJC

TXFlyGuy

That's a lot of breakers and fuses! Why so many? I'd have expected maybe half the number of breakers and a fuse or two (or same total number but mostly fuses), and the fuses to be blade-style.
Everything that is powered has a breaker. Yes, there are quite a few, but we have a fairly complex installation.