• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

4130 tube quality question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeTopPilot

I hated to waste a day on paralysis by analysis. I need help from more knowledgeable . I have issues with tubing from my local supplier. They have given me some tubing that has all the correct heat treatment markings and cond N. Just no mill or manufacture ID. It is pickled and after inspection of sanded areas to be welded I noticed it had a very grainy surface. Compared other tubing and there is a difference...well that turned out to be questionable as well. There was tubing from Plymouth and Benteler in the mix. Thing is would you trust it? I used a 10 power loupe and got some decent pix to follow....

Attachments

• IMG_20200606_180001143.jpg
    IMG_20200606_180001143.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 50
Back