4 stroke Alternatives: Kawasaki KVF / Weber 850 ???

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Lifted1

Hello,

Does anyone happen to know if anyone has experimented with the Kawasaki KVF 650 or 750 V twin 4 stroke engines on aircraft? i think the 750? may turn almost 50hp at the crank. Seems like this could be a viable alternative...

The Weber MPE 850 seems really nice but probably to costly. Weber Motor: MPE 850

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
I believe that Rienk - one of your HBA members - has one of the Weber engines to evaluate for aircraft use. He might have some insight regarding it's conversion possibilities?

erkki67

Austroengines have a Rotary (Wankel) in development, the prototype has been running, its called the AE80R.

It has an separate oil cooling and lubrication, so it shouldn't consume as much oil as the precedent rotaries, and the fuel-consumption should be in the neighbourhood of similar hp 4 strokers.

The only drawback is, that they are waiting for a rich customer, who would finance the final development of the lightweight engine.

Bst rgds

Erkki

dino

HBA Supporter
Also several yamaha genisis have been done.

Dino

kennyrayandersen

How about a Suzuki 650 single? I thought doing a cycle car with one of these might be cool. Seems like it might also do for an aero engine but the 650 single might vibrate a little too much. BMW twin?