• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

2d Edition of GA Aircraft Design - Gudmundsson Available

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpruceForest

For those that found the first edition of Professor Gudmundsson's GA Aircraft Design - Applied Methods and Procedures useful, but wanted a hard cover, better paper (and color!), more cohesive editing, better arrangement/presentation, and more specifics on thrust and power for electrics - as well as electric aircraft design - the second edition appears to deliver based on a couple hours with the new book. Unlike 2nd ed's of Perry and Stinton, or Bruhn's FVS, niche material such as biplane and seaplane design was not only retained for GA Aircraft Design 2d Ed, but moved into the text from the 1st ed's online appendices.

Given how long I've been out of the design space and therefore at best a dabbler versus doer, I'm not the guy to offer a detailed critical review. But I like the book and shelved it in my office within arm's reach, versus deep storage down in the shop's back room.

Elsevier sells the Butterworth-Heinemann imprint 2nd edition direct-to-customer for $126 + state tax versus the $155 + state tax that Amazon Prime wants. Also note the the 1st ed is still on sale, so good idea to check eds if a copy pops up on the used book listings. My first ed will go to our local EAA chapter library...no lost material, and lots of additions and tweaks worth the $$$.

Back