• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sold 2A042 engine, Teledyne mil. surplus, flown on Mini-Max - SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danmoser

4-stroke, 2 cylinder horizontally opposed with 42 cubic inches displacement.
This engine model can reportedly put out 22 hp at 3500 RPM in stock configuration.
One guy recently told me he's getting over 30hp out of it with milled heads, and various other hot rod tricks.
Reportedly weighs about 85 lb. installed.

This particular engine was previously flown direct-drive on a Mini-Max owned by Kevin from WV.
Special aluminum tubing coiled oil cooler.
You can see it on YouTube : Kevins Mini-Max Ultralight - Teledyne Engine - YouTube

I bought the engine from him 2 years ago, but realize now it is too big for my Moni project.
$500 plus shipping from Salt Lake City.
PM or call if you have questions. Thanks!

Dan 801-502-4379

Last edited:
Back