• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

22 hp HF motor i got in poor shape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charles

i ordered one and the oil cooler was smashed against the engine head bolts. ( on the inside were you cant see it) . two head bolts = two holes.the motor was not protected at all and it only was bolted to a 3/8 plywood at the 4 bolt bottom.the only thing protecting the engine was the flimsy cardboard box with no protection.it looked like it was shipped up side down most of the trip with the whole weight of the engine resting on its plastic top cover with no protection to it so alot of damage under the top is going to happen .and the box laying on the side with the weight of the engine on the thin aluminum oil cooler shipped 2500 miles to my house.and the oil cooler brackets bent first. SO i called HP and asked them could they just send a oil cooler to me if i dont find any thing else wrong. he told me i had to send it back,or pay for a oil cooler and wait 6 months from china for another. i asked will i get a engine shipped to me in a better shipping crate and he said NO.he told me there were only 18 shipped to the USA and i will be put back on a waiting list and i waited 3 months for the first order. .so i sent it back wanting my money back .And two mos getting my money back after filing a complaint with the credit card co.it weights 99 lbs and with exhaust 114 total. Charles

Back