• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

21st Century tubular construction gyro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtfm

Hi,
This is a thread which has grown out of another discussion, but deserves a thread of its own.

Basically, I came across the following sketch of a single seat gyro constructed from what looks like 1-inch tubular steel/ali. I think the design (although it no doubt exists only as an artistic design in CAD) has real promise. I want to examine it carefully, build a scale model of it to see how it goes together and possibly (if all goes well) attempt a full size version.

If I can figure out how it all fits together, and my model "works", I will need to consult with some of my engineering mates to get the actual construction details sorted. But for now, some of the questions I have to address are:

1. What materials is it made from? Looks like 1-inch tubing. Chromolly? Ali
  2. How is it joined together? The sketches seem to indicate bolts of some sort - but they are only CAD sketches, after all.

Trying to build a model of this intriguing gyro is going to be interesting, because almost every sub-component is triangulated. It seems that the only non-triangulated piece is the central beam. Everything else is a triangulated pair.

Well, that's my new project, while I wait for funds to buy the next part of my AeroMax kit.

Anyone have any ideas about how this gem of a gyro goes together?

Duncan

38e7f5687ef2a7bbf4646d7f7783c553.jpgFliege-Supergiro-Sprtgyrocopter-Daniel-Kocyba-01.jpgFliege-Supergiro-Sprtgyrocopter-Daniel-Kocyba-03.jpgFliege-Supergiro-Sprtgyrocopter-Daniel-Kocyba-04.jpgFliege-Supergiro-Sprtgyrocopter-Daniel-Kocyba-05.jpgFliege-Supergiro-Sprtgyrocopter-Daniel-Kocyba-06.jpgFliege-Supergiro-Sprtgyrocopter-Daniel-Kocyba-07.jpgFliege-Supergiro-Sprtgyrocopter-Daniel-Kocyba-08.jpg

Back