Quantcast

2020-Sept 20thReno Racers:

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

rv6ejguy

NASCAR is on the rocks now after multiple missteps by the sanctioning body, frittering away their fan base. This thread is about Reno racing. I think other classes/ formulas and venues have been discussed previously in other threads. I don't see much happening any more with that and all previous plans are in limbo now unfortunately. Red Bull has great organization and is a close in, high energy event for the fans held at venues all over the world. Will take a lot of work to duplicate that success in a race series in the US. Red Bull is probably more expensive to run than a Sport Class race.

Victor Bravo

Yes, in the USA. There are several SCCA, Formula Ford, Formula Atlantic, Formula Vee, and other classes that race. The old-time dirt track racing that happened in every small town years ago is also feasible, if not as common as it was in the past. Kart racing thrives. Tractor pulls and dirt car events are big draws, the Baja 1000 and Baker-to-Vegas races still happen. Motocross racing thrives, BMX racing thrives. Sandrails and dune buggy racing still happen.

I'm not saying that any of these events are nearly as big as NASCAR, but I am saying that they are all viable to some degree, with sponsors, prize money, and people attending. So there is a reasonable opportunity to create the arplane version of Formula Ford, or the Baja 1000, or the airplane version of motocross.

Last edited:

rhbelter

HBA Supporter
Ahoy, Ross, and ALL of you HomeBuilt folks

Well: An interesting discussion.

Other than a big drag-racing engine, the largest Mountain Motor looks like a serious low cost (compared with a turbine) duster engine.

I wonder if anyone is doing such?

Enjoy /s/ Bob