• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

2 place, comp. aircraft, @200mph cruise on Rotax engine? HELP ME FIND IT!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmosmen

I have been building a Velocity SE FG and am looking to sell it for something smaller.

I really like the the MCR-01 Sportster (aka. Ban-Bi) which was being sold by American Ghiles Aircraft in Deland, FL. They appear to be out of business. However there are companies around the world selling this kit.

What I like about that plane is:

1.) Small enough to fit in a garage to be built

2.) Wings remove and a completed plane can be stored in a trailer instead of having to rent hangar space!

3.) Fast for cross country flights

4.) Fun to fly

5.) Rotax engine on automotive fuel (efficient and inexpensive)

6.) Carbon fiber

7.) Low wing

I am interested in hearing what ELSE fits these criteria that may be available. I would like to do a bunch of research before heading to Oshkosh or Lakeland.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions. Please email them to me directly.

I SINCERELY appreciate your help. It will save me a LOT of time and effort.

KM

Last edited:
Back