• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

1946 Stampe Bi-plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pops

I don't know how many of you that are familiar with the Stampe Bi-plane. All wood with a Renault engine. These of pictures of my neighbor's Stampe. Last year we disassembled it and crated it up for the new owner in Spain. I liked the airframe but not so much the Renault engine with the air start. Very hard to hand prop with the crankshalf so high. Have to try by swinging the prop across the bottom. To really learn about the Stampe, so to Budd Davisson's pilot report on it. Very good.

SVA Stampe Pilot Report

Dan

Attachments

• Stampe pictures 002.jpg
    Stampe pictures 002.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Stampe pictures 003.jpg
    Stampe pictures 003.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 248
  • Stampe pictures 005.jpg
    Stampe pictures 005.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 167