• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

19 Years after he flew the first flight....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Myles

A few days ago I had the pleasure of hosting Diane and Dan Linkous the builders of my Replica P47 when they came from the States to Scotland to see the aircraft which was completed in 1985. He sat in the cockpit, had a good poke around and got to see the aircraft fly for the first time from the ground! (He did see it air to air after he sold it).

49.jpg

I had to apologise to his wife as the aircraft is no longer called "Dazzlin Diane" but she was fine about it!

49a.jpg

He said "sounds great" and "glad it's still flying and not in some museum someplace"

We had lunch and then they went on their way, sightseeing around Scotland before heading home to NC.
If the police had been watching the car park they would have probably arrested us for something as we exchanged presents in brown envelopes! (Books and videos)

Great to hear the building stories - big respect to all of you building - I don't have the patience.

Regards
Russell

Back