182 verses Skylane ?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Pilot-34

Most of me is in IL but my hearts in Alaska
Inaway I feel like a four cynic archaeologist what was supposed to be there in the beginning ?what should be there now ?

(I know that’s not right but that’s what my speech recognition software did)

In any case this airplane appears to be amazingly stock , there a little changed including and especially The antique radios in the dash

TFF

VFR minimum is al it needs. 182 was not a striped model like a 150. It’s going to have at a minimum nice for the day equipment. Depends on what old is. If they are original, you will want a new radio and transponder/ADSB. You can get away without it if you never get close to civilization, but that’s pretty hard, even in Alaska.

I did a Prebuy on an aircraft that was flying, but with disregard of the rules. No transponder ever installed, so it had been illegal since the 70s. ADs were not done. The thing needed money. Nothing wrong with the base parts, but it’s all out of sequence. It was going to need a chunk of update money. The buyer passed and the owner who I previously had met and got along with but I had never seen the aircraft was shaken up. He was asking premium money. One of these low time machines are great if you got the money to resurrect it. I love watching videos of junk pulled out of the woods and they see if it will run. A lot run, but they usually are a long way from useable.

djmcfall

When you bought a new C182 in the late 50’s into the 60’s, by the time you added a few must have options, you were money ahead paying the extra for the skylane option (just like new car packages today). The pro was a few MPH speed gain, the con was you lose some useful load.